Look Keo Blade Carbon Titanium Axle Pedal With Keo Cleat 16NM With 12NM Spare
Designed to win, the new KEO BLADE CARBON improves the experience associated with the use of blade technology in a clipless pedal. This new version is the result of experience gained during years of development in the heart of our manufacturing facility and to continual improvements made thanks to daily input from the greatest of champions.
- Lightweight, aerodynamic, powerful, the new KEO BLADE CARBON has all the assets to allow you to improve and optimize your performance until victory is yours. It is for these reasons that KEO BLADE CARBON is the unanimous choice of many champions who have made it a weapon of choice in the conquest of their greatest achievements.
- The KEO BLADE CARBON has the best weight / power ratio in its class.
- Its new design completely integrates the blade for unrivalled aerodynamics. Equipped with a carbon body and blade, the Blade Carbon is available in a Ti version (titanium spindle) that weighs a mere 95g per pedal, or in a CrMo version (chromoly spindle) for a weight of 110g per pedal. It is available in three tension release levels: 12,16 and 20.
- OPTIMIZED SPINDLE: MORE POWER TRANSFER AND RELIABILITY
- The spindle of the new CARBON BLADE has been completely redesigned. It is built around an oversized axle and spindle that pass through internal roller and needle bearings located directly under the pedal platform. This new construction allows a gain of approximately 2 to watts at 100 rpm.
- The distance between the roller and needle bearings has been increased by 25%. This provides more rigidity along the entire length of the spindle, and as a consequence, improved power transmission.
- Special attention has also been given to ensure that it is water resistant. Weather resistance has been improved by 120% for even more reliability and longevity. To accomplish this, the new spindle received an updated end plug with an O-ring washer and has also been equipped with an internal, double-lipped seal.
- LOOK axles are only approved after a rotational test of 2 million cycles at 100 rpm with a load of 90 kg on the centre of the pedal and an eccentric rotation (which creates stress on each revolution). This is equivalent to a sprint by André GREIPEL of 1700 watts at 100 rpm for 333 hours! This test is much more demanding than the current standard, the ISO 4210.
- ULTRA-POWERFUL PLATFORM
- To meet the demands of the most demanding cyclists, especially competitors, the pedal-cleat system must allow efficient power transfer thanks to a broad and rigid platform.
- The platform of the CARBON BLADE is fitted with a 67mm-wide stainless-steel plate, optimizing the cleat/pedal contact areas, regardless of pedalling angle.
- With 700 mm² of surface area, the CARBON BLADE offers an optimized contact platform for an efficiency and power transfer that is unmatched on today's market.
- Its weight / power ratio positions it well above the competition
- BODY AND BLADE CARBON TECHNOLOGY
- Using a carbon body lightens the weight of the pedal and provides an additional gain in stiffness for improved power transfer.
- BLADE technology is a major technical innovation in the history of the automatic pedal because of its many benefits: LIGHTWEIGHT, AERODYNAMIC, ULTRA-SECURE WHEN CLIPPING IN AND OUT
- USE: Race segment
- BODY: Carbon
- SPINDLE: Titanium
- THREADING: 9/16 X 20 mm
- BEARINGS: 1 roller bearing, 1 needle bearing
- STACK HEIGHT: 14.8 mm
- DISTANCE PEDAL SPINDLE / CRANKARM: 53 mm
- PLATFORM WIDTH: 67 mm
- PLATFORM SURFACE AREA: 700 mm²
- TENSION: Pedals come installed with "16" carbon blades + additional "12" carbon blades ("20" carbon blades sold separately)
- CLEATS: Kéo Cleats-Grey
- FLOAT: 0 °, 4.5 ° or 9 ° according to the cleat colour (Black, Grey, Red)
- PEDAL WEIGHT: 95g (248g per pair with cleats and screws)
- COLOURS: Black
- ACCESSORIES: 2 sets of blades +1 pair of Kéo Cleats-Grey + screws
- WARRANTY: 2 years
Free UK Delivery on orders over £50 (excluding bikes)
All of our UK Customers can select our FREE standard delivery option on any non bike order over £50. Learn more about J E James delivery services. Click here
Bike build & delivery
Bike delivery is £10 -We are proud to say that all of our bikes are pre-built and go through a rigorous inspection procedure before the bike arrives at your doorstep. Bike are partially dismantled for shipping and are delivered with some assembly being required. To help with assembly we have created our helpful assembly guide. Click here to view assembly guide.
Click & Collect
J E James Cycles Click and Collect feature is a great way of securing your product before coming into store selecting your nearest J E James Cycle branch for free. Once your product is ready for collection your chosen J E James Branch will contact you via text or telephone. Meaning you do not make a wasted trip. Please do not come into store until you receive this message. Learn more about J E James Click and Collect. Click here
We have many happy customers based outside of the UK because we try and keep our delivery charges to minimum. The best way to calculate how much delivery of any item via our website is to add products to your cart and proceed through the checkout process, please then enter your delivery details. Our website at this time will calculate the cost of delivery to your country. Orders delivered outside of the EU are exempt from VAT. Learn more about J E James Cycles international delivery. Please click here.
Easy 30 Day Returns
Our main aim is to make sure you are happy with your purchase You can contact our returns department directly via email: email@example.com
Learn more about our returns policy here: Click here to view returns policy